Wednesday 16 February 2011

Shopping - Northcote Road, SW11

I LOVE Northcote Road! I am very fortunate to work just off this lovely, bustling road 'in between the commons' in South West London. It is full to bursting with a delightful mix of independent & high street retailers, cafes, restaurants, delis and even has a daily market which really springs to life on a Saturday.

I have only been working here for a couple of weeks so still have lots to explore but I am certainly going to dedicate a good amount of posts to my SW11 discoveries to celebrate this thriving area.


 Breadstall is my favourite culinary discovery so far - It's no secret that my 3 favourite foods are bread, cupcakes & sausage rolls so it is of no surprise then that I was very excited to stumble upon this daily market stall on Northcote road!
The cupcakes are labelled as 'award winning' and they certainly live up to that description, in particular the frosting on the chocolate variety was possibly the best I have ever tasted!
Hot, freshly baked sausage rolls - need I say anymore?! Again these surpassed all my expectations & have now become my regular friday treat...


Living Vintage is located just off Northcote road towards the southern end & is bursting with gorgeous Children's & Ladies clothing as well as a huge selection of patchwork quilts, vintage inspired cushions, jewellery, antique furniture & gifts.


Northcote Road Antiques Market is a true treasure trove of antique & collectible items spread over two floors & spilling on to the street outside. Anglepoise lights, rustic coat racks & retro tea sets particularly took my fancy!

More to follow over the next few months!...

No comments:

Post a Comment